Sunday, December 7, 2008

It's Beginning to Smell a Lot Like Christmas

Holiday scents are some of the most inviting available in candles and other fragrance products. Whether you opt for baking scents, woodsy outdoor offerings or spicy and minty blends, you are bound to find something delicious to get you in a merry mood this winter. If you haven't found a scent you can celebrate with yet, maybe something from my personal Top 5 list of holiday scents will strike your fancy:


# 5
Cozy Christmas by Gold Canyon
One of my new favorites this year is a comforting combination of cinnamon and clove mixed with soft undertones of apple and orange. Like a hot drink on a cold day, this candle warms the atmosphere and evokes all the comforts associated with being wrapped up in a blanket by the fireplace on a wintry night.


#4
Peppermint Swirl by Yankee Candle
It can be fun to select complimentary scents and heat them together to create a new, even better aroma. For years a favorite combination of mine was to blend Cranberry Peppermint with Jack Frost (which the Yankee Candle website describes as an "icy cool peppermint and sweet vanilla snow cream") in a tart warmer. One day I walked into my local YC store and discovered that they had done the combining for me in the form of a beautiful, large jar candle called Peppermint Swirl. It's fantastic!


#3
Sleigh Ride by Gold Canyon
Sliding into the third spot is another of Gold Canyon's seasonal selections. This gorgeous light blue candle is part of the Homespun Holiday collection and fills the air with a cool combination of pine and evergreen touched by vanilla and a dash of cinnamon.


#2
Winter Candy Apple by Bath & Body Works
Every December I look forward to buying body mist, antibacterial soap and lotion scented by this crisp blend of apple, orange and pineapple topped with cinnamon spices. This year when I placed my order, I discovered that the winter scent I crave is now available as a jar candle, as well! I lit it for the first time this evening while writing this post and it really set the mood.


And my #1 holiday candle of the season is . . .


Naughty or Nice by Dark Candles
I discovered the delectably mysterious world of Dark Candles while searching for gothic candles this past Halloween. Fortunately, they have unique offerings for other seasons of the year, too, such as this decadent French vanilla candle accented with rich mocha and a sweet marshmallow blend. This heavenly combination comes in sizes ranging from tea lights to pillars and is also available in a line of body products. I have the body mist in addition to the candle and it is divine.


With these and other scents filling every room in the house, I'm officially ready to enjoy the holidays!

1 comment:

The Consumer Queen said...

I will have to check those out thanks for sharing I love Candles!

 

Design By:
SkinCorner